Why I love swaddling!
Hi there today I am sharing why I love swaddling my baby. First off let me say that my daughter who is now three only like to be swaddled the first three months. However my three-month-old son Maksym absolutely loves to be swaddled. We have found that if he is hysterically crying or uneasy about something once we swaddled him nice and tight he immediately calm down and usually falls asleep. So today I wanted to tell you some of the research I have done on swaddling and the benefits of it.
- Swaddled babies sleep longer and sounder.
- Swaddled babies experience less anxiety.
- Swaddling prevents unnecessary wake-ups due to the startle reflex.
- Swaddling eliminates the need for comfort items in baby’s crib – no pillows, bumpers, blankets, stuffed animals, etc. (using these items in crib have been linked to SIDS)
- Swaddling preventsface-scratching.
- Swaddling mimics touch, which is important for baby especially when they wake up at night.
- Swaddling helps maintain the back sleeping position and also reminds tired parents to place baby on back to sleep.
- Swaddling soothes babies with colic (again, when swaddled, they feel secure and safe just like they felt in the womb).
- Swaddling in the hands-over-heart position is the preferred sleeping position for babies; in this position they learn to self-soothe and can get back to sleep on their own.
- Swaddling benefits parents too — when baby sleeps more, mom and dad sleep more!
So for any of you knew Mama’s or moms struggling to get a little extra sleep try swaddling. If your baby does not like to be swaddled try using one of those swaddle sleep sack’s they may help as well. I currently purchase my swaddles mainly from target or Amazon.
So try swaddling baby and if you need to watch a video I love this one by Lynette Damir she was on the doctors and demonstrating how to swaddle. She is a nurse so I love watching tips from her she also has a swaddle blanket line found at target called swaddles designs with the most cutest pattern. She does recommend wrapping baby up to 3 to 4 months after that there’s another sleep products she makes. My baby is only three months so I will try that next once he grows out of swaddling but so far it’s working perfect for me . here is one just click the link. Click here to see how to swaddle properly
Best of luck mom and hope you enjoy swaddling as much as I do!